Mixture A- Udon Noodles
- 80 g CAP BINTANG Green Bean Starch
- 40 g CAP 3 KAMBING Glutinous Rice Flour
- 80 g All-purpose flour
- 8 g Salt
- 110 g Water
- 3 Litre Water for boiling noodles
Mixture B- Broth
- 1000 g Water
- 10 g Bonito flakes
- 10 g Dashi powder
- 10 g Shoyu
- 10 g Sugar
- A pinch of salt
Garnishing – Optional
- Abura-age (Japanese sweet tofu skin/pouch)
- Yusu rind
- Spring onion
Instruction – Broth
- Mix all the mixture B’s ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a light simmer.
- Set aside while we proceed with the noodle making.
Instruction – Udon Noodles
- In a food processor add all the Mixture A Ingredients and start processing. Once done, pour out the mixture and press it together to form a dough.
- With a rolling pin, roll it into a thin 3mm sheet. While flattening, dust more flour if needed to avoid it from sticking to the work surface. Once 3mm thickness is achieved, transfer it onto a chopping board. Dust it with more flour.
- Roll the sheeted dough and introduce more flour as you roll. Finally, with a knife, shred the noodles into desired thickness. Again, dust with more flour to avoid it from sticking.
- Boil a pot of water. Once boiled, drop all the noodles into the boiling water and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Remove the noodles and shock it in a bowl of water (room temp).
- Portion it out and serve with the pre-prepared broth.
- For an optimal experience, garnish the noodles with the recommended garnish.
Yield: A Sharing Portion for 4