Mixture A – Batter
- 90 ml water
- 30 g STAR BRAND potato starch
- 12 g all-purpose flour
- 4 g salt
Mixture B – Flour for dusting
- 50 g STAR BRAND potato starch
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 120 g fresh white shrimps
- 1 litre vegetable oil
- Preheat the vegetable oil to 150C.
- Rinse the shrimps with filtered water. Drain the excess water through a colander and let it drip dry.
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients in Mixture A into a batter.
- In another bowl, mix the dusting flour together and start dusting the shrimps. It is important to tap out the excess flour in order to achieve a thin and crips coating.
- Dip the shrimps into the batter and then quickly drop them into the preheated hot oil.
- Fry until they turn golden brown in colour, remove them from oil and leave them on a kitchen towel to absorb the excess oil.
- As a serving suggestion, serve this with some Japanese mayannaise and lemon wedges.
Yield : Portion for 2