- 200 ml coconut milk
- 300 ml ice
- 100 g sugar
- 5 g salt
- 8 pieces chestnuts (peel and diced)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup KAPAL ABC Brand tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp beetroot powder (optional – red coloring)
- For boiling – water
- 100 g jackfruits
Instruction coconut granita
- Whisk together all the ingredients and pour it onto a shallow tray.
- Keep it in the freezer and scrape the mixture every 30 minutes. By scraping it creates small ice crystals.
- Once completely crystalized, spoon it onto the prepared chestnuts.
Instruction thub thim krop
- Mix together cubed chestnut, sugar and beetroot powder and let it infuse for 30 minutes.
- In a deep tray, spread the tapioca starch out. Drain the chestnut and coat it lightly with the tapioca starch.
- Bring a pan of water to boil and lower the heat until simmering point.
- Drop the coated chestnut and simmer until it floats.
- Ready an ice bath. Remove the chestnut and shock it in the cold water. Reserve until ready to serve.
- Scoop a large scoop of coconut granita onto a bowl, garnish it with the drained chestnuts, jackfruits and jaggery powder
Yield : 6 servings